There was a time when this blog could have been called The Daily Porridge Blog.
But I haven’t had a porridge post for quite a while.
So here are 10 reasons to add ground flaxseeds to your porridge each day.
1. Flaxseeds Are Loaded With Nutrients.
2. Flaxseeds Are High in Omega-3 Fats.
3. Flaxseeds Are a Rich Source of Lignans.
4. Flaxseeds Are Rich in Dietary Fiber.
5. Flaxseeds May Improve Cholesterol.
6. Flaxseeds May Lower Blood Pressure.
7. They Contain High-Quality Protein.
8. Flaxseeds May Help Control Blood Sugar.
9. Flaxseeds Keep Hunger at Bay, Which May Aid Weight Control.
10. Flaxseeds Can Be a Versatile Ingredient.
Read more on this very informative and useful website.
I don’t know whether the above assertions are entirely true but they certainly match some of the claims on the packaging by the manufacturer’s of the Ground Flaxseeds I buy.
But the authors of the above 10 reasons to add ground flaxseeds to your porridge each day have missed the best and most important reason.
They are marvellous for helping to manage constipation!
Yes the “C” word!
Not the one that rhymes with the surname of a former Secretary of State for Health.
And not the euphemism for Cancer so prevalent a decade or so ago.
which according to the NHS website
one in every seven adults and up to one in every three children in the UK at any one time.
Well, I’ve found that a daily serving of ground flaxseeds is a great help and I can’t understand why the producers don’t make more of this helpful selling point!